Subject: [Leica] Leica marketing tour - for this guy it's madness
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 18:51:31 -0500

> Adam wrote:
> "I got a flyer in the mail yesterday from good ol' Leica USA touting
> their big road show tour.
> Great! I'd love to see the latest gear.
> Oh - but I have to pay them $100 to participate if I want to see the
> M9 and $150 for the S2.
> I found myself almost irrationally irritated by this. It's tone-deaf
> to the times, at least in the part of California, and they don't
> appear to offer anything (besides possibly some hands-on experience) I
> can't get from the net and a visit to my dealer.
> I'm just shaking my head.
> Adam Bridge"
>
> My sentiments precisely.
> Oliver

One can only  think that for someone who spends 7 grand on a rangefinder
body or 70 grand for a DSLR a hundred bucks is what they tip the parking guy
and they don't want the riff raff geeks at the meetings were are designed to
appeal to someone who may actually want to someday buy a camera not just
snap a few for their blog.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from charcot at comcast.net (Charcot) ([Leica] Leica marketing tour - for this guy it's madness)