Subject: [Leica] IMG: why yes, I am aiming for the messiest office contest
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 00:02:58 -0800

http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/L9994403.jpg

The mighty Super-Angulon. I do love the symmetrical design like the SA and
the Biogon (like the 43mm on the Mamiya 7II and the 25mm Zeiss Biogon).

There are the pink edge problem, but a) cornerfix should be able to handle
that, and b) supposedly the next firmware upgrade will minimize it as well.

The distortion is indeed very low.

You see spiritual elements from Taoist, Hindu, Yolngu Aboriginal, and
Celtic. Ashes of my dogs :-( Devil duck on top of the monitor.The spider web
filament between the horns are the acid test for lens sharpness. Beneath the
junk are computer boards for my dayjob.

A 16x20 darkroom print and a 13x19 inkjet print. They are the light-fastness
test subject. So far, the darkroom has not faded. The 1280 Epson print faded
after 2 years,  the Z3100 print looks good after 3 years.

2 scanners, used to have 3, and that was just getting ridiculous.

A consistent -2 to -2.3 exposure compensation seem to work well. So metering
is no longer a problem with the SA. How cool is that?

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/> blog: <
http://imagecraft.wordpress.com>