Subject: [Leica] St Pats New Orleans
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 09:33:39 -0500

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 5:33 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at
frozenlight.eu>wrote:

> Doesn't look like the St Patricks events I have seen ;-)

I try to show you things you've never seen!

> Ireland comes to Lousiana.

Ireland came to New Orleans a long time ago.  The Irish dug the canals in
the city, and there's a huge Irish population, and for St. Pat's it gets
larger for some reason!  Party during Lent, I think.

> I love the "adjusted" Stars and Stripes.
>
> But...St Patricks Day is on Wednesday, I would have expected people in NO
> to have the parade then, never mind work...

There were once about twenty neighborhood parades, and I think it just made
sense to combine them.  Now there are just two, this one and one today in
the next Parish.

--
Regards,

Sonny