Subject: [Leica] Switar Lens adaptor to Leica M or Nikon
From: alal at poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:08:04 -0400

Without major surgery is not possible to use Alpa lenses on any other SLR as
the flange to film distance on the Alpa was the shortest of any full frame
film SLR system.  Perhaps the Miranda had a similarly short flange to film
distance. OTOH, Contax/Yashica RTS, Leica R, Nikon F lenses  can all be used
on an Alpa with full auto aperture operation.

Mounting Alpa lenses on a Leica M body is possible, but I d not know who
makes such an adapter. Perhaps one of the small Japanese craftsmen or
Novoflex.