Subject: [Leica] Digital academia
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 00:56:02 -0400

> How likely is it that someone a generation or two from now will have the
> same
> experience with 50 year old digital photo files?  (Prints, of course, are
> different.)
>
> BTW, I could also read many of my father's sermons.  At least those that he
> wrote on his typewriter.  Quite a few are on 5 and a quarter disks and were
> created in Wordstar.  Will I ever read them?  I can't honestly say.
>
> --John

Very likely.
... that someone a generation or two from now will have the same  experience
with our 50 year old digital photo files.
Its the digital prints which will be most likely to be not intact.

My family photos are in digital form now and I could be more glad about it.
In this hard disk right here on my table hooked up to what I'm typing into
and elsewise backed up on other hard disks.
My first sunburn in black and white in Jones beach I have it right here want
to see it? Baby pictures galore taking with Brownies.
The slides and prints in storage. And I hope its not too damp in there there
could be mushrooms growing on my family album for all I know.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Digital academia)