Subject: [Leica] Beware HCB Wannabes
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:34:14 -0400

This lists are filled with happy photogeeks who amidst buying and selling
camera gear on occasion actually go out and use them. And use them in plenty
of cases in not the coolest of ways. As in they are not cool guys. Not
experienced street shooters. Not pros. This is a basic right in most
societies surprisingly even the so called non free ones.
This guy is "one of us" and it should go without saying that our sympathies
should with him not against him. He's really not making a total ass of
himself. He's not preying on young women with long lenses. He's a Shutterbug
shooting everything that moves. His rights are being blatantly infringed
upon. And we'd be next.

When I got here 3.3 years ago on the radio they announced no more
photography in the subways.  Why not its easier not to isn't it just pass an
ordinance? Very glib. A few weeks later a demonstration was held and the
subways had hundreds of photographers' in there all shooting away. The law
was of course repealed instantly.
We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it any more.
Zero tolerance on anti photography ordinances.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Lets Organize a Trip to Burlington)