Subject: [Leica] Apollo portrait / racing quadriga
From: tcharara at mac.com (Tarek Charara)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 21:18:39 +0100

Oh, that depends on the artist! I have seen one decadrachm collection
in my life (in the 80s), about 30 extraordinairy coins... The finesse
of these coins was as good as the finesse of the tetradrachms,
depending on the artist. Something you see with all the ancient coins.
These antique coins are even more amazing when you consider that the
artists did not have all the modern tools to do the engravings!

That's a nice solidus! Mine is a Focas
<http://ventesuroffres.free.fr/images/monnaies/vso/v05/v05_0565.jpg

All the best from the south of France!

Tarek

Tarek Charara
<http://www.pix-that-stimulate.com>

NO ARCHIVE

Le 20 mars 10 ? 19:32, John Nebel a ?crit :

Replies: Reply from john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel) ([Leica] Apollo portrait / racing quadriga)
Message from tcharara at mac.com (Tarek Charara) ([Leica] Apollo portrait / racing quadriga)
Message from john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel) ([Leica] Apollo portrait / racing quadriga)