Subject: [Leica] FujiFilm discontinues some films.....
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:53:39 +1030

Surfactants that are also highly anti-static are only required for
rollfilm, so they use other cheaper surfactants with the 1600, which
has only ever been available in 135 to my knowledge - this also
explains why 135 Neopan 400 will continue to be available.  Acros is
newer; by the time it was formulated PFOS's days were numbered, even
though it had not been banned outright.  So it was made with a
different agent from the start, it seems.  The fluorine peak that I
saw when I examined 120 Neopan 400 by mass spectroscopy did not occur
even with the first batches of 120 Acros.  But it seems likely that
reformulating 120 Neopan 400 without the PFOS would be uneconomic.

It's a shame; it was always my standard 120 B&W film.

Marty