Subject: [Leica] A question on LR vs. PS
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 07:48:37 -0400

> LR with adding Niksoftware.com will be an ultimate tools.
>
> Try installing Vivesa and Silver Efex then you will notice you will
> rarely use ur CS4 again.
>
> Jsj
>

> On 3/21/10, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>>> I'll agree with most of what Henning said and add that LR is great for
>>> commercial work like weddings and portraits and such, but it sucks for
>>> fine
>>> art photography where you want to do a lot of dodging and burning and
>>> other
>>> work on each pic. I have LR and mostly use it for processing family
>>> snapshots, while I use Photoshop for my 'real work'
>>>

>>> --
>>> Chris Crawford
>>

>> I believe this is the "normal" workflo what you just wrote above.
>> What Adobe had in mind and what most serious photographers do do.
>> Lightroom will do for less critical stuff.
>> It its going to be a big prints or very important or "fine art" then go
>> that
>> extra step and open it in Photoshop.
>> And try to remember what you remember about it.
>> I think its easy to get lazy and loose come critical Photoshop chops. And
>> that is important to keep your Photoshop skills increasing. That doesn't
>> happen when you use it every now and again. But I'll be upgrading my
>> Lightroom soon and start using it. I need the sorting skills.
>>
>> [Rabs]
>> Mark William Rabiner

I've used all kinds of software like these other than Photoshop.
They usually become unsupported after a few years after they go out of
business.
The salient points are absorbed by Photoshop if they are worth it. Adobe
buys them out.
There's something which is not trendy but a given and that's Photoshop.
Its been responsible for the bulk of digital image making for decades. And
it just keeps getting better.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] A question on LR vs. PS)