Subject: [Leica] R lens option for DSLR
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 07:32:30 -0400

> I recently mentioned that I took note of a new camera from Samsung which is
> a very compact camera  (NX10) meant presumably to compete against the new
> crop of Olys and Panas. It has an APS-C 14.6Mp CMOS sensor (which means
> that
> mFT lenses wouldn't be suitable) and a huge AMOLED screen on the back as
> well as a built in EVF.
> I just read that Novoflex have announced a series of adaptors for them
> including Leica R
> I'm just sayin'
>
> (M won't be possible owing to the flange distance which is longer than that
> of the mFT cameras).
>
> RAA (Rabs Acronym Appendix):
> Samsung; a progressive Korean electronics manufacturer who also co-operate
> with Pentax.
> NX10; a new MILC (Mirrorless Interchangable Lens Camera) aka EVIL. It is
> tiny! The sensor size is similar to the Nikon D300 class.
> Oly and Pana, those other guys selling buckets of new clever cameras for a
> lot more money than normal dSLRs (here the NX10 price is around half of
> that
> from Oly and Pana).
> APS-C (sensor) a popular dSLR sensor class that typically produces a crop
> factor of around 1.5x
> 14.6Mp CMOS; a popular sensor type that contains a plethora of pixels and
> may support LiveView. 23.4 x 15.6 mm in this case
> mFT; micro four thirds format popularised by Oly and Pana
> AMOLED; Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode, a new superior screen
> type that is MUCH brighter and clearer than conventional LCDs while using
> less power. The S2 has a tiny one.
> EVF; Electronic Viewfinder, something you have when you can't afford or fit
> a Leica viewfinder in your design ;-)
> Rabs; A New York based pro photographer who is known to be less than fond
> of
> mFT sensor sizes.
>

> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

You guys crack me up with your brand new dream camera Leica M9's sitting on
your table while you search the internet for the latest gadget cameras to go
out shooting with.
IF I had an M9 my attentions would not wander.
And its by the way smaller than most 2x as well as 1.5x crop cameras made.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] R lens option for DSLR)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] R lens option for DSLR)