Subject: [Leica] Photoshop Altamont -- some questions for the wisdom ofthe LUG.
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:47:54 -0500

Vince,

Sounds like you have received some good advice on the RAW conversions.  I
have never tried posting GIF images to the LUG gallery, but they seem to
have worked ok.  I normally post either JPG or TIFF images.  I have found
that I get best results by sizing the images to 700 or 800 pixels on the
long dimension.  Your flower image appears to be 4000 pixels on the long
side, and, when the gallery software resizes it to fit the normal screen
size, you get a very soft image.  Enlarging the image using the "double
square" at the top or bottom gives the full size that was uploaded, which
cannot be viewed as a whole. You might also experiment with removing the
default size info in the second edit option block, so that your chosen size
is displayed as you uploaded it.  I find that they look better that way.

Good luck in mastering all of these options.  I find it has been worth my
while to do so.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA