Subject: [Leica] IMG: Passageway
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:49:13 -0400

> This photo, captured in Wurzburg, seems to me to be the flip side of Eugene
> Smith's "The Walk to Paradise Garden" featured in the Family of Man exhibit
> and book. Color or B&W? Which seems better?
>
> Larry Z
>

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Passageway.jpg.html
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Passageway+B_amp_W.jpg.html

I like it better than the of Eugene Smith which to me had gotten over
manipulated feeling and corny and has not aged well. Dated.

Your image though is  a crude black and white conversion.
It needs to be converted more carefully with more tones left in. the various
color sliders do that.
And I'd never show people the color shot.
And this version is over sharpened.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner