Subject: [Leica] R lens option for DSLR
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:59:54 -0400

> Nathan -
>
> I can understand your reasoning, but for 99.9% of the photographers I know,
> the M9 with its lenses is a light-weight system!  Try carrying around any
> of
> the Nikon or Canon DSLR pro cameras with their lenses!  It's weird to think
> of the Leica M as being the heavy choice!  I can't imagine liking the
> viewfinder on the GF-1.
>
> Tina

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him/her drink.
Like most people I'd commit three felonies and a misdemeanor to be in a
place like London for a week shooting my Leica M9 with my Leica glass.
I don't know what you can say to the mindset of sombody who buys an M9 for
seven grand and then leaves it at home to go to London and shoot with
plastic gadget camera that people who don't have seven grand get to smooth
things over with and not very well.
Its just and astounding move which kind of leaves you with your mouth
hanging open.
Weight : 585 grams vs. 315  grams that's a real reason to not drag around
that awkward heavy Leica M9  a camera which is way smaller than your
standard serious photographic choice; a 5D or a D3 or D700 which way around
1000 grams. Twice an M9.

At the bottom of your camrea bag is where you find a plastic camera like
that for backup. Its a common way of working. You pull it out when
"photographers" are not wanted but everybody is taking pictures.
The Lumix is $8,349 cheaper than the Leica!!
You'd be saving money if you hadn't already bought the Leica.
That just makes using a plastic 4/3's camera in such an amazing photographic
opportunity... AMAZING!

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] R lens option for DSLR)