Subject: [Leica] Reflected waterfront
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 02:47:20 -0400

Robert writes:
I think you have oversaturated by juuuuuust a tad.

On Mar 24, 2010, at 11:42 PM, Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

> This one HAS to be in color!
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Reflected+colors.jpg.html

- - - - - -

You are quite right. My wife wanted a copy to paint and felt that the colors
weren't bright enough for a dramatic picture. Color has replaced angst as
the new trend in painting. Go to any art show and you will be blinded by the
bright hues on canvas. Here is the original picture. Quite a bit less
saturated.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Reflected+colors+2.jpg.html

Unfortunately it is very easy to get carried away by the image manipulation
possibilities in Photoshop. Coming from a lifetime of work in film and wet
processing, the ability to alter an image by pressing a few buttons seems
like magic. It reminds me of "The Law of the Hammer." For those unfamiliar
with the law, it is: Give a kid a hammer and everything looks like a nail.
That's how Photoshop is to us film fossils.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Reflected waterfront)