Subject: [Leica] Friday FS: interesting things
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 00:45:39 -0400

Ok... losing the space battle to the new baby.  Shipping at cost.  Paypal
ok.  Need to free a couple of cubic feet of space, stat!

B&W 72mm Light Green (060) Filter, new. I bought this thinking I would use
it on my Fuji G690BL. Never got around to it, and what I really need instead
is an orange filter. $25

Bostick & Sullivan glass coating rods for cyanotypes, palladium, etc. One
small, one medium. These cost $40 at retail. I just didn?t get into them ?
probably because I don?t have any surface in my work area that is flat
enough to use them. $20

Canon CLI-6 Photo Ink Cartridges. Genuine carts, C,M,Y,BL,PC,PM. Sealed.
Bought these by accident you-know-where, not realizing that I needed CLI-8
for my ip6700d. $35

Fuji GA645 Closeup Kit (complete with lens, frame, case). You see bits and
pieces of these from time to time. Basically, this consists of a high-power,
high-diopter lens that screws into the GA and a frame that shows the field
and the focused distance (lens at infinity, aperture preferably at f/16).
Comes with the original case. ***Not for the GA645W or GA645zi*** $100

Fujica 180mm Finder only (6x7/6x9 version) for G series lenses. A nice,
bright finder for 180mm on a 6x9 or 75mm on a 35mm camera, it has a huge,
bright view, reflected framelines for both formats, and full parallax
correction via a distance dial. Recently cleaned. $150

Hakuba 7000 A4 (8x12?) thin LCD light box. You would be amazed at how thin
this lightbox is. I received it as a ?gift? new but without its power
supply. I hunted down an original Hakuba power supply. By the time I did
that, I realized I would never use it. $100

Hitachi Microdrive 3gb (sealed). If you own a Kodak 14n, Microdrives are a
very important way to preserve the service life of your camera batteries. I
got these as spares when Ritz did a cleanout. New, sealed. $18 (two
available).

Konica II. This is a good shelf piece that can probably be resurrected into
a usable camera (or dissected into parts). Decent looks, one small ding on
the bottom. It?s an interesting elaboration of the Konica Standard/Konica I.
$65

Nikon F3 Red Dot Focusing Screen D. The best, brightest true groundglass
made for anything, this is a great choice for fast telephotos. These have no
Fresnel brighteners, so you can actually see other lenses vignette. $40

Nikon F3 Red Dot Focusing Screen R (grid with split prism). Ostensibly for
lenses with apertures slower than f/2.8 (it?s a brightness vs. accuracy
issue); usable for faster lenses. Great for tilt-shift lenses. $20

Rolleiflex Rolleinar 0.35x. Pretty unit that gets you a foot closer with a
2.8 Rolleiflex and improves your close-focusing with a Tele-Rolleiflex. Bay
III mount; whole panel swings away for convenience. Lens panel has its own
Bay III accessory bayonet mount. $160

Rolleiflex Bay III caps (rough). Well-worn but authentic and better than
nothing. Have a small ding on the taking cap; has not scratched my Planar,
so I guess it's ok. You might want to pound it out. $15

Rolleiflex 2.8F/3.5F prism. Ok condition; perfect glass; a couple of shiny
spots on the top; a small nick-type dent near the eyepiece. What's your
offer?

U Cal Berkley Super Sunprint Cyanotype Paper (A4) (7 packages of 15 sheets
that retail at Freestyle for $12 apiece). A fun, nontoxic way, especially
for children, to enjoy cyanotypes and photograms. Insensitive to
incandescent room light and has a shelf life measurable by many years. You
will need an 8x12 piece of glass and cardboard (for contact printing),
sunlight, and tap water. $56 total.

Zeiss Kontur Finders. I have a couple of styles of 2x3 aspect for lenses
that have the shoe directly above the lens and lenses where it is offset to
one side. The more expensive ones come with cases (first come, first choice
of plastic or leather). $35/35/30.

Zeiss T* Duonar 2x for Rollei Bay III (and I). This is a somewhat obscure
teleconverter (one lens at a time) that is primarily designed to be used at
distance. It has quite a bit more reach than a Mutar 1.5x and also has a
little vignetting. It has coated optics, a beautiful black finish, and a
dual bayonet that goes on the inside of a Bay III mount or the outside of a
Bay I mount. Gorgeous example of an item that was usually beaten to hell by
sports photographers. $200

Zeiss Turnit Finder (35/100mm) Bakelite. This is a finder that rotates to
show a wide view or a narrow view. Body in decent shape, glass is crystal
clear with an occasional spot of black dust. A finder to consider if you are
into Micro 4/3 and your lenses are a 17mm pancake and a 50mm SLR lens. $40

Cheers
Dante

NO ARCHIVE

Dante Stella