Subject: [Leica] OT: Another maybe not so stupid GH1 question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 04:13:20 -0400

> When Panasonic is selling a lens called Leica what does that mean? It was
> designed by Leica? It meets Leica specifications or some other set of
> standards? It's not just a price thing, with the expensive lenses getting
> the Leica name: a number of their point-and-shoots feature Leica lenses and
> are not higher priced than their competition in the given category of
> performance.

While most people will say  it was "designed by Leica" what a big time
expert from Kodak told me who might have really known is that Panasonic
designed the lens, shows it to Leica and they make a few suggestions. Those
suggestions are implemented by Panasonic.
I assume there is something ever so Leica like about the lenses which have
Leica on the front of them with the correct typeface. I don't hope for Leica
quality for 333 bucks when it normally comes with 3333 a bucks pricetag.
And there's no red dog how good could they be?

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro) ([Leica] OT: Another maybe not so stupid GH1 question)