Subject: [Leica] OT: Another maybe not so stupid GH1 question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:35:58 -0400

> You have 6000 dollar photo books? Where does one get a $6000 photo book?
>
> Here's something from Erwin I read tonight: after his sixteen part series
> on
> the M9 he wrote a little conclusion which he posted quite recently, and it
> ends this way:
>
> *The great value of the M9 is the concept of compactness, simplicity,
> direct
> vision, lack of lowpass filter and the rangefinder/manual focus mechanism,
> coupled with excellent engineering and accurate assembly. In our basically
> imperfect world, we have to accept that every advantage implies a certain
> disadvantage.
> To cope with the disadvantages is a better approach than to complain about
> them. Mastering the M9 is a route not without difficulties, but inherently
> pleasant quest and the results are most satisfying. Exaggerating the
> complications is as wrong as denying them. The M9 should be approached as a
> competent instrument with a strong character and philosophy, but do not
> neglect the limits. The camera deserves it.*
>
> This is very intelligent I think.
>
> Vince

You can get his book for 33.3 dollars and its one of the best books on
photography you'll ever get.
Though it may be coming out free on a pdf and updated.
Or close to free.
I recommend the real book.

http://www.google.com/products?client=safari&rls=en&q=Leica%20Lens%20Compend
ium%20(Hardcover)&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf
Or
http://tinyurl.com/yjsc2q3

Dualj selling it for 54.
On Amazon they have 7  new from $32.97 9 used from $29.64

But alibis will sell it to you for $999.99.
That's almost a thousand dollars!
I'd not get it there.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner