Subject: [Leica] LUG Micro-scholarships: Results plus a proposal
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:26:06 -0400

This is a very good idea, but requires enormous organization. I've
"giving" some of my unused digital equipment to a  local project here in
Melbourne. Only learnt of it 2 days ago, and you are right in thinking the
equipment should be "used". A few years back I missed the chance to donate
my Minoltas to a project in Africa. They were giving cameras to the local
rangers. The images were supplementing their incomes and helping them to
work on protecting the elephants. By the time I got around to contacting
them the project was over. They are still "available", but no-one seems
interested in "film", and who can blame them ;-)