Subject: [Leica] Brave New World of Professional Photographers
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:26:12 +0530

Tina,
Why is it depressing? Why shouldn't anyone with a camera attempt to make
money out of it? All the amateur painters in the world have not depressed
the market for art or artists, have they? This is the way of the world,
competition increases, and one has to find ways and means and niches to
survive and prosper. I think it is great for the consumer, actually. I also
think that photographers with unique viewpoints and imagination will
survive, it is the professional point-and-clickers (or equivqlent) who are
endangered. So it should be...

Before everyone jumps on me, let me make it clear that I have survived
similar market conditions and competition in my business...

Cheers
Jayanand