Subject: [Leica] three questions: C41 b/w film; Mamiya DM22; why no US version of GF1 w 20mm kit?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 05:37:24 -0400

> Hi Bob,
>
> Yes, that was great when we had a Fuji Lab a mile and a half from my house.
> Now, film business has dropped off, and the lab was closed in the last few
> weeks.  The nearest one is now in South Carolina.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

The shooting of film has gotten as esoteric a persuasion has contacting a
Platinum print. Or will be soon.
Some day I plan on trying out that practice.
And some day I'll try shooting some more film.
Right now my practice is image making. Photography.
And the quaint processes of the past has only so much relevance to my work.
I'm glad this digital thing didn't happen now as I'm much more closed minded
and would have had a much harder time migrating over. My mind was much  more
open ten years ago. So good timing for me. I just wish I had a 100th the
background in knowing what I'm doing with digital as I did with film and
darkroom.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner