Subject: [Leica] A comment on a few lens wide open...
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:36:57 +1030

>I had a 90/2 AA once (this 85/2 is
>a replacement), and I don't recall it being this sharp at this close
>distance (5 feet).

The 90 AA is a fairly simple design.  Inside 2m focus distance its
performance drops noticeably, particularly wide open.  The Zeiss 85 is
a much more recent design and has a floating element, like the Leica
75/2, to improve close-distance performance.  Can you post some photos
from the 85 Richard?  I'm interested to see what photos from it look
like.

Marty

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] A comment on a few lens wide open...)
Message from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] A comment on a few lens wide open...)