Subject: [Leica] Latest on New Digital RF - It's Looking More and More April Foolish
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:19:53 -0400

I just found this on:

http://jeffascough.typepad.com/af_rangefinder_blog/2010/03/af-rf-update.html

Checkout the "HCB/Tri=X" mode and last line.

"I've had a couple of emails about the camera, and I can tell you a couple
of things which I think are important. The high iso is really good,
especially if you use the different picture modes that are built into the
camera. The HCB/Tri-X mode is really good, and with the camera connected up
to the computer you can tweak the tonal curve and noise reduction in that
mode to get a really authentic black and white image straight out of camera.
These can be saved as presets within the camera.

"The framelines and AF are the biggest thing for me. The camera uses a
system which the manufacturers call Luminance Optimized Optical Framelines.
Basically the framelines alter size depending on focus distance, and they
also get brighter or darker depending on the outside light. This makes
seeing them a lot easier especially in the dark which was always an issue
with standard Rangefinders.

"Hopefully I'll be able to get some more pics up within the next 24-48
hours."

Regards,

Dick

Replies: Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] Loof lirpa [WAS Latest on New Digital RF..April Foolish])