Subject: [Leica] widest lens used?
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:46:07 -0400

I'm with Alan. It's normal lens for me most of the time. Occasionally
I'll use a 28, but that's happening less often.

I once used super wide angles a lot. The 21/2.8 ASPH was always on my
M6. Something converted me back to using a normal lens. It might have
been that using APS-C bodies for a time made me accept a narrower angle
of view. Or parhaps the fact that I used my Rolleiflex a lot for a while
and I got used to that angle of view.

I can't say why, but I've returned to normal (in focal length terms,
that is).

Dave R

(For my personal photography) I hardly ever go wider than 50mm on my
film cameras and 28mm on my 30D with its 1.6x factor.
50mm and 85-90mm lenses are my favorites.  I think I might have taken
three or four frames with my 28mm f/3.5 Nikkor LTM last fall,
probably the only ones in the last three years or so.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee