Subject: [Leica] Friday Rabsflower yellow and gray
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 08:38:33 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/040630_143745.jpg.html

This one I know I like because it pops up unexpectedly for months now on my
screen as a screen saver and every time I see it it startles me and I go
"wow did I shot that!?" so I must like it.  Often its hard to like ones
shots. We feel we're too close to it to really know. Radom screen savers are
great testing grounds becaue you see them out of the corner of your eye when
you least expect it and you have somethnig else entirely on your mind and
you think "what's that a photograph? Did I take that?! Wow that's real great
or just the opposite so you delete it"
The yellow over the gray is really working for me.
I'm not sure it's really a flower it may be a weed.
But the best flowers are really something else aren't' they?!?

This was one of my very first digital pictures I ever took and it was with
my first digital camera a D100 which has 6 mps and changed my life as I know
it. Not more D76 or D72. Just D100 or D200 or D40x.
It's cropped to my screen size which is 1280x800 a little skinner than 2/3
but not quite as skinny as a golden rectangle. For some odd reason I crop a
lot of my shots like this now. Perhaps I think my name is Markbook Pro.

A golden rectangle would be 1294.4 by 800 by the way.
And you know what 2/3 is 4, 8, 12...

Thanks to Brian for getting this LUG Gallery going making for a place to
show people my stuff.
Other people can see it right? Non Leica users? Pentax users even?

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] Friday Rabsflower yellow and gray)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Friday Rabsflower yellow and gray)