Subject: [Leica] Questions about iPhoto and SDHC readability problems
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 17:58:35 +0900

I use Lightroom 2, not iPhoto.  Every time I connect my Mac to my SDHC
card, iPhoto opens, and I have to close it again, because I don't use
iPhoto.  In the iPhoto preferences, there is no option for always
importing new photos into iPhoto whenever I connect a camera, so I
would like to know where I can find this option and deselect it.

Secondly, I used to be able to plug my SDHC into a card reader and
upload to Lightroom 2.  Now nothing happens at all when I plug the
SDHC into the card reader.  However, when I switch the card from my M8
to another camera, my Lumix, the card is then recognized, but only the
Lumix files.  If I plug the M8 directly to the Mac, sometimes it finds
the new photos, sometimes not.  Usually iPhoto pops up and says there
are no new files to import, but actually there are new photos on the
card.

When I close iPhoto and open Lightroom, still I can't access my photos
to upload.  I unplug and replug, a few times, and eventually I can
reach my photos.  Any ideas?

Peter