Subject: [Leica] 3.5 cm. Elmar
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:08:41 -0400

> I'm looking for that older look of pictures from the 30's and 40's.
> The 3.5cm Elmar might be a good place to start.   I wish I could get
> some film that isn't a superfine grain modern emulsion.
>
> On Apr 8, 2010, at 11:37 PM, Chris Williams wrote:

>From what I remember about Leica lore its the lens Max Berek made for
Barnack which put Leica on the map in 1925 for the Leica 1.
It does NOT look like what you get from a 50 Summicron or Nikor in the past
20 years. Or 30. Or 40 years.
It was designed 85 years ago.

Here's a shot I made with mind a couple of years ago on a IIIF.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/061209_220947.jpg.html

American flag and empire state building.

Not a top grade scan but will do for the interim.
Check out the lady at the very bottom edge.
Black and white and this lens transformed the NY of 2006 to the NY of 1966.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] 3.5 cm. Elmar)
Reply from passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro) ([Leica] 3.5 cm. Elmar)