Subject: [Leica] A "new" bike
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:45:01 -0700

I used to bike a lot in NYC. The craziest thing I ever did was probably
biked up from Lower East Side to Mid-town via... The FDR Drive. Man, young
and foolish. And I still have fond memory of one time getting a green light
break around 50th st. and pretty much cruise all the way down. Good time.

I had a 3rd-hand used hand-made British racing bike. It was a bit tall for
me, but hey, it's free from my brother (who bought it for 200 bucks, I
think. It was probably worth close to a thousand - 1970's money!).

A couple years ago, we bought a couple bikes in the hope of getting more
exercise. I was absolutely amazed with the "new" bike technology with the
hybrid bikes. The gear shift is dead easy to use, and you can sit upright.
Wow.

A few weeks ago, a friend gave us his old racing bike, and today I took it
for a spin:
http://www.5pmlight.com/PICS/bike/L9995205.jpg

Disaster strike, I hit a rock and flipped over. While doing a somersault in
the air, I took this picture:
http://www.5pmlight.com/PICS/bike/L9995202.jpg
No, actually, that was a lie. I put down the bike and took a picture.
Obviously a mistake here but I like the blurriness.

Pond scene
http://www.5pmlight.com/PICS/bike/L9995199.jpg

and the weed, which you may have seen
http://www.5pmlight.com/PICS/bike/L9995217.jpg