Subject: [Leica] carry camera - econo-pancake
From: al.crouch at earthlink.net (al.crouch at earthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:17:12 -0500

For the adventurous owner of a GF-1 who does not have the 20mm/f1.7 lens,
here is an alternate source for a fairly-thin pancake lens.  You can modify
an Industar 69 (28mm f2.8 LTM lens for Chaika half-frame camera) and use it
with an LTM adapter.   The modification involves removing the focusing
stops, allowing the lens to focus from infinity down to 10-15 cm.   Here are
photos of the lens mounted on my G1and some results from a walk around the
neighborhood.  I don't expect to make much use of this lens, but it was an
interesting project.  And while this post is not Leica specific (other than
the thread mount), it relates somewhat to the "carry camera" topic running
today.

 http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Al+Crouch/industar69/

Al Crouch
San Antonio, TX