Subject: [Leica] carry camera - eco pancake
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:38:22 -0700

The problem with Robot lenses is that they weigh a ton. Everything in
the Robot lineup weighs a lot more than I'm willing to carry and they
don't suit the lightweight G series.

The mount is actually an interrupted thread bayonet, and is probably
the most secure and solid lensmount ever made. Also, since the basic
design is for a 24x24 camera, and only later did they add a 24x36,
the diameter of the mount is rather small, and the lenses are
therefore generally slow although a couple were f/2 and f/1.9.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com