Subject: [Leica] M4-P prices?
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 10:04:31 -0700

M4-P came out WAY after the F1... in 1980 (vs 1959 for the Nikon F and
1971 for the Nikon F2) the Canadian made M4-P introduced 28mm and 75mm
frame lines as an evolution from the M4-2. The M4-2 is identical to
the highly sought after Canadian Black Chrome M4 with the loss of the
self-timer and the addition of a hot shoe, ability to use a winder and
a memo back. Contemporary strip down reports (Modern Photo June or
July 1978) indicate th few areas of cost cutting (a criticism leveled
to this day against the M4-2 and M4-P.) was limited to things like the
metal plate under the film counter window being edtched rather than
engraved and the back,

Sadly no one collects these (my first new Leica was an M4-P in college)