Subject: [Leica] advice wanted for carry camera
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 23:52:34 -0400

OM effin' G folks. Let's review.

Larry says since the days of giants walking the earth etc he's carried a
camera everywhere he went, always. IIIc was one of them. Rollei 35 another.
Now digital days he has -- aside from cameras he uses for serious work like
"I'm going to take pictures now, with that intention, bye, see you later" --
ASIDE FROM THOSE CAMERAS, okay? -- he's been carrying around a little point
and shoot the quality of which he doesn't like even for this off the cuff
purpose. So-- he asks -- so, what's a good camera for this daily purpose,
you know, when conducting life, not photography (and for some it's the same
and for many, sorry, it is not) WHAT'S A CAMERA THAT FITS HIS CRITERIA THAT
HE CAN CARRY AROUND -- and take special note of this M8/M9ers  -- that he
can carry around IN HIS POCKET.

Thus the thread that followed.

If I started a thread on what's the best way to capture a well lighted
moment of monkeys doodling off in the zoo it would still end up here, with
how the Leica is the camera to have and to hold from this day forward 'til
death etc -- which we all friggin' know already or else we wouldn't be here.

Pay attention to the question people. It was an interesting one in so far as
Larry's criteria found a specific zone that is very bare of good products.
Whereas the lovely / irascible / noble bromides about the Leica while true
enough .... are .... not ..... interesting, or new, or necessary, or even
close to the question at hand.

Vince