Subject: [Leica] Wow, the last word on Bokeh, from Zeiss
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:22:21 -0400

There is an ecclesiastical position in most diocese of the Roman Catholic
Church called the Censor Librorum. It's this dude's job to determine whether
a text contains any errors of doctrine. "Censor" doesn't mean he (and yeah
it's always a male surprise surprise) cuts anything or prevents anything
from being published it just means he says whether or not the written
material is free of errors of doctrine. (In the middle ages if he didn't
sign off the work would not be suitable for distribution and the author if
he resisted correcting it would probably be burned at the stake but they
didn't have toilets then and now we do; long time ago.)

Which means he has to be really good at *catching *errors of doctrine; has
to see the often underlying or imputed doctrinal implications of things.

So for this reason I nominate Rabs as the LUG's Censor Librorum. It didn't
even occur to me to relate that passing "asph" comment to the hotly debated
issue of whether the contempo Leica glass is "hard" etc. But of course he's
right -- it was a direct hit.

Awesome. That's like watching someone nab a fly with chopsticks. Nothing
gets by.