Subject: [Leica] Arundel photographica
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:27:23 -0400

Larry, Sonny - I've always liked the Westerly boats and seriously
considering buying one in the 70's.  I liked the twin keel idea, too, for
it's shallow draft and the drying out possibilities in some of our shallower
harbors.  Any twin keel boat must have a good engine, though, since they
sure don't point worth a damn.

This business of being comfortable with hitting bottom depends very much on
where you sail.  In New England the bottom is most likely hard sand, if
you're lucky, or boulders if you're not.  Best to stay away.  :-)

OTH, there's alot of getting used to the idea, too.  People who've listened
to alot of modern music, e.g., Elliot Carter or Milton Babbitt, tell me it's
beautiful, whereas I can't listen to it long enough to adapt.  I suppose if
I had to I'd listen for some reason I would and maybe that's how it would be
with grounding the boat every day.

Regards,

Dick