Subject: [Leica] Why Micro-4-3rds?
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:38:47 -0400

post on this.

The answer is:  it meets my needs! ... specifically, for a small,
lightweight camera I can easily carry that gives me good image quality over
most of its ISO range for web postings and prints up to about 8X10.  As a
bonus, the micro-4-3rds cameras are a joy to use.

If I need something better, say for marine or model train photography, I get
out my D300.  It's still not full frame but apparently more than good enough
for publication.  I now have one train photo in the March issue of Classic
Toy Trains and another slated for later in the year.  So, the D300 meets
that need.  (Sorry I can't show it to you.  It's not on their website and
since it's now their photo I have to ask permission to post it.   I've been
meaning to do so but haven't gotten around to doing it. You can find some
similar photos here:)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/TRAINS/

If I needed a full frame camera for a specific purpose, or to satisfy an
editorial requirement, I'd go buy one.

It's all a question of what meets your needs - or desires.  ;-)

Regards,

Dick

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Why Micro-4-3rds?)