Subject: [Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:14:42 -0400

http://www.bandpro.com/309/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=3
3&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=40&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27&v
mcchk=1&Itemid=27
Or
http://tinyurl.com/y2b6x6t

How come us stills guys don't get a solid titanium lens barrel?
Because we don't want to pay 5 figures for a lens USD?

I can't wait to see the first Leica movie made with this glass.
I 'll admit I get more excited about movies than a gallery show.

Are they going right up against Zeiss with these primes like this?
It's my impression the use of primes by cinematographers is less common and
represents a real purist approach.

I've been reading how HCB' s major influence was films. Ones which moved.
And told stories...

Also Barnack.

Film making is very Leica Like.

Which format does a C lens cover? I could not find that nowhere.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!)