Subject: [Leica] M Lenses on GF-1
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:45:15 -0700

At 2:17 PM +0100 4/15/10, Simon Ogilvie wrote:
>David Rodgers wrote:
>
>>I don't doubt what you're saying. I'm just a bit mystified how a lens
>>can vignette on a sensor that's half the size of film that it was
>>designed to cover. That hasn't been my experience with M lenses on Micro
>>Four Thirds. I actually have to use Lightroom to add a little forced
>>vignetting because in many cases I like that look.
>
>As Henning (with his far superior knowledge than mine) has pointed
>out, vignetting isn't just about image circle...
>
>But I still find it annoying to have to correct for this when using
>the Panasonic 45-200 lens.  I tried to do a panoramic stitch using
>four frames, but gave up as I couldn't get them to match.  I thought
>the Panasonic lenses were supposed to be corrected in-camera?

If you do panoramas in Photoshop CS4, it will correct for the
vignetting automatically and give very even results. As for in-camera
correction; it should be easy to do. I'd just as soon it not be done,
as I correct/adjust vignetting to suit my taste in either Lightroom
or Photoshop very easily.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design