Subject: [Leica] Redux: Custom Tripod Collar?
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:55:28 -0500

I want to thank all on the LUG (and especially Doug) for their help
and advice on setting up my 400/6.8 Telyt shoulder stock for my GH1. I
ordered a B6 bidirectional plate from RRS which fits the GH1 perfectly
and mounted a B2-Pro clamp on the stock...it fit exactly right
surprisingly on the rear of the stock mount plate without any
modification. After adjusting the shoulder stock fitting I tried it
out and it felt perfect. So now I'm able to use the 400 Telyt as well
as any other lens I can fit on my GH1 with the stock. Here's a picture
of the rig with my new $49 Nikkor 200/4 from KEH.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/digiratidoc/GH1/GH1OnStock.jpg.html>

I'm going to give it a real baptism this weekend and try to shoot some
birds/critters if I can. I'm no Doug Herr but I'm gonna have fun!

Jim Laird