Subject: [Leica] IMG: Take it.
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 18:17:13 -0400

2010-04-20-17:24:50 George Lottermoser:
> F  I  N  E    I  M  A  G  E

Thanks! I've long loved this sign - a beautifully awkward, in-your-face
relic of a time when Trenton was a manufacturing colossus - and we
finally got around to pulling to the side of the busyish highway on
a nice night so I could get out and try to get a proper picture.  Web
sources variously report that the slogan was adopted in 1917 or 1910;
there seems to be pretty good agreement that current neon sign dates
from 1935.  Ah, boosterism!

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Take it.)