Subject: [Leica] Fixing a flippy-floppy Leica ever-ready case on M8
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:18:13 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks for that tip, Larry.

The double-sided tape fix is working for now on my M8 ever-ready case.
Getting a cobbler to remove the front cover and attach a couple of
press-studs would help a little bit, in that I wouldn't have to remove the
tripod screw when unpacking the camera, but that isn't such a hassle.
However, it would leave the back cover flap hanging down.

I wonder if my other ever-ready case, which I bought a couple of years ago
for my M6, is different from your old ones.  My film M case has a detachable
front-top cover.  There is a triangular flap that reaches into the back of
the case and you press a metal stud and push it down to detach the front-top
cover.  This leaves a very snug half-case with a nice little grip on the
front-right.  I wish the M8 case had been so carefully designed.

 Peter Cheyne