Subject: [Leica] "the beautiful faces of dementia"
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 08:25:21 -0700

On Apr 23, 2010, at 7:54 AM, Susan Ryan wrote:

> Steve,
>
> The elderly lady in my "no words" photo has dementia. She actually is one
> of the hospice patients I photographed. The family gave my permission to
> show photos of her and the photo doesn't reveal any medical information,
> so I posted it. Because of the hospice organization's worries about HIPAA,
> I didn't mention her dementia in the posting. Most of the hospice clients
> I photograph have dementia. I love doing them.
>
> Your photos are lovely.

thank you Susan...I know.

your photos are beautiful, real, powerful, inspirational.

my project has been ongoing and explored,  for a very long time. It will be
a long slow tribute and study. It is close to my heart, my wife of 42 years,
Dominique, has early onset Alzheimer's dementia...

I will work on this project, inevitably likely for years, and I hope to
occasionally show some images and eventually to be able to bring it to
fruition, in the form of an exhibit and a book,

so stay tuned,

warm regards, Steve