Subject: [Leica] IMG: Elephant drawn chariot, driven by a goddess - a political statement! - John
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:02:14 +0200

Le 26 avr. 10 ? 22:51, John Nebel a ?crit :

> Richard,
>
> Mouse over the coin to see the reverse and the goddess will be
> revealed to you, Athena holding a shield and brandishing a spear,
> driving a chariot drawn by four war elephants.
>
> Best,
>
> John
>
> (I haven't figured out why Athena always wears a Corinthian helmet.)

Athena/Minerva was born from Jupiter's skull, clad in an armour, after
Vulcan (not the one in the movies, another god) had hit Jupiter on the
skull with an axe (because) Jupiter suffered from the "pregnancy".

Now you may believe it or not ...
Best
Philippe