Subject: [Leica] Bandhavgarh People
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:08:32 +0200

Le 28 avr. 10 ? 07:21, Jayanand Govindaraj a ?crit :

> hanks to everyone for looking and commenting.
>
> Two replies - Philippe, the caves are within Bandhavgarh National
> Park,
> which itself came into being as a private hunting preserve of the
> local
> king, and as such these caves were really advance lookout points for
> his
> army - they are basic and functional. Both Bandhavgarh and
> Ranthambhore have
> huge hilltop forts that dominate the skyline - this is from
> Ranthambhore,
> which was the Maharaja of Jaipur's hunting preserve, though the fort
> dates
> from long before that, also from the 10th Century. In fact the whole
> of
> Ranthambhore is dotted with ruins, and the whole of Bandhavgarh with
> abandoned caves and temples:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayanand/4492903144/in/set-72157623648855343/

Thank you Jayanand - I didn't know this even though I visited Jaipur
too - and its Hawal Mahal and Amber as many tourists must still do.
Wonderful people, marvellous sights. Such memories ... and not only
because I was younger; my job, family, and wallet or what's left of
it, are here, but a part of my sould will remain in India forever.

Other; I took this opportunity to peruse some of the 48 pages you have
on flirck; WOW !
What a zoo you have now.
Each and all better than the others.
(en passant, I also noticed Montbrun, our modest Amber  ;-) ) .

Thanks again for it all

Amiti?s d'une province de l'Ouest
Philippe

Message from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Bandhavgarh People)