Subject: [Leica] LR question - Adobe or Camera standard profile?
From: matthew at hunt.tc (Matthew Hunt)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:55:05 +0100

I'd never changed the 'Camera Calibration' settings in the Develop Module
before, but today when re-working an M8 summer photo of an abandoned red and
white 2CV surrounded by greenery at a farm taken last year
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/mnsh/fens/L1001776.jpg.html
I thought the picture looked washed out and not as good as real life, and I
wanted to print it large for this year's June calendar.  I experimented by
changing the Profile from Adobe Standard to Camera Standard, which was
better.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/mnsh/fens/L1001776_001.jpg.html

I noticed the histogram went more spiky.  Mostly I'm happy with what LR does
and adjust as little as possible.  Would it have been the high summer
slighty cloudy lighting that day?  But colour temperature hasn't changed.  I
tried the change on another summer picture and there was little difference.

Thanks

Matthew
Matthew Hunt
Cottenham, Cambridge, UK