Subject: [Leica] OT: HELP Nikon scanner neophyte
From: charcot at comcast.net (charcot)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:51:23 -0600

Jim- I have the same scanner and have scanned both Tri-X and Kodachrome
- first off you will find that VueScan ( which I also use) has a setting
for Tri-X - I'm not sure you necessarily need to get the scan perfect
with the VueScan software - if you have photoshop or Lightroom you might
do well to use those tools to get the scan to look like the negative.

VueScan also has a setting for Kodachrome - regardless of software
K'chrome will always be a bit finicky with scanning - I've done a bunch
of  K chrome in the last 6 months - initially used the Nikon software
but it's more labor intensive so I switched back to Vuescan and have
found that to be quite acceptable.  It's a lot like other slide films -
when the exposure is correct it's beautiful - if not it can be very hard
to get it right with scanning.  Not forgiving like TriX or HP5+

ernie