Subject: [Leica] OT: Omnifocus is coming
From: hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:47:18 +0430

Philip - it is actually a breakthrough, they use several cameras and
combine the images, here's what they say:

"The video camera, based on a new distance-mapping principle, is
expected to have both defense and civilian industry applications,
including medical sciences and coverage of news and television
entertainment.

The camera delivers automatic real-time focus of both near and far
field images, simultaneously, in high resolution.

"This unprecedented capability can be broadly applied in industry,
including manufacturing, medicine, defense, security -- and for the
consumer market," said the university."

I think it reasonable to speculate that this will be applied to
consumer cameras at some point = foolproof, no focus needed.

Hugh

hewthompson at mac.com
Kabul, Afghanistan

Message from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] OT: Omnifocus is coming)