Subject: [Leica] FF Flowers in the trees
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 05:03:00 -0400

> Mark: These are wonderful: alluring and engaging to the eye. My favorites
> are the Broadway flower stand Mother of all stitches and the snow in the
> trees; that last in particular is really classically beautiful and it's the
> only one so far that comes close to solving the one aesthetic problem that
> is looking knotty at this point: the borders.  On the net is of no
> consequence but looking at them one wonders how they'll sit.  The white is
> really not pleasant.  I suspect you might like a background tinted at 10
> percent or so with the major tone of the set: sepia for the first set,
> silver-gray for the snow set, etc. Or maybe not. Maybe some other solution.
>
> It's very interesting and instructive seeing you working out this new
> approach to form.
>
> Vince

I've made the white black before and there was some program which had that
option and I'd play with it.
At this point (check CS5 because who knows) the give you white. Its a matt.
I like it. If I dint I could easily change it. just hit the background with
the magic want and hit "Phil". Pic your color or gradient you you name it.
In a layout which is all black it could look better just black.
But at this point I think I do like the white.
Thanks for looking and commenting.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner