Subject: [Leica] 200mm test
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 15:28:21 -0400 (EDT)

Vince Passaro wrote:

>Admittedly it was all in comparison but the level of detail at 100 percent
>was to my eye rather intense and more than I expected. Those ducks and the
>people are a good 300 meters from my window and 100 meters further on in the
>picture (on the full size version) it's still that clear. Now as Doug
>pointed out this appears as nothing relative to a Leica R Telyt 180 (or his
>beloved 250) but for a small light* $45 lens it surprised me. And I wouldn't
>have commented to the group about this relatively minor matter except that
>there was a longish thread about this lens 4-6 weeks ago. That it's a Nikon
>led me first to pray to the Dr. Ted-god for forgiveness in bringing it up at
>all.
>
>* weighs roughly what my Leica R Elmarit 35mm weighs.
>

>On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:37 PM, George Lottermoser <imagist3 at
>mac.com>wrote:
>
>> What, about these image samples, "knocked [your] socks off"?
>> I don't see any thing at all special.
>> What should I be looking at (for)?

I had the 200mm f/4 also, and my results were pretty much in line with
Vince's.  Decent, nothing to get excited about, but for the price I paid
($0.00) it was quite a bargain.  I passed it along to a student for the same
price I paid for it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com