Subject: [Leica] More Africa - Dead Vlei
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:33:05 +0930

Thanks Nathan.  I've tried IR in comparable desert environments and it
didn't work so well - everything comes out very dark and of similar
tone.  The sand doesn't reflect much IR.  Some shots I took on regular
B&W film with a deep red filter got very dark skies, but the sand
didn't lighten up as much as you'd expect.  There's clearly enough
green being reflected to foil that idea.  UV can be interesting
depending on the composition of the sand.

Marty