Subject: [Leica] OT: Hard Luck Blues and the FSA Photographers
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 21:41:44 -0500

On 5/17/2010 8:41 PM, John Edwin Mason wrote:
> I've just reviewed a terrific new book, "Hard Luck Blues:  Roots Music
> Photographs from the Great Depression."
>
> I like it quite a bit -- and not just because of the wonderful photos from
> Dorothea Lange, Walker Evans, Ben Shahn, Russell Lee, and the whole Farm
> Security Administration gang.
>
> It's going to interest anyone who's into photo history or music history.
>
> The academic version of the review is on its way to a journal.
>
> The lavishly illustrated online version is here:
>
> http://johnedwinmason.typepad.com/john_edwin_mason_photogra/2010/05/review-hard-luck-blues.html
>
> http://bit.ly/c7rTB0
>
> Cheers, John

Thanks for posting - I had not seen that one.  I am a fan of the FSA
site and have downloaded and printed many high-res images.  I have a
small exhibit of 10 or so to put in my office.  Sometimes one of the
younger staff will recognize "Migrant Mother" - older (really older)
clients love all of them and ask for prints to frame.  No problem since
they are public domain.  I print them on archival rag paper and give
instructions for proper matting and framing, hoping they will be handed
down.  Ok, enough for art, now if I only had some really good signatures
to copy.....

Ken Carney
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma