Subject: [Leica] IMG: Oh. Right then, that explains it.
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 01:48:44 -0400

For the last few months (well, for the last couple of years, but in
serious earnest for the last few months), Kathryn and I have been
working on emptying out the house I grew up in, and which I've
inherited from my parents.  I've found some remarkable things, some
old and really cool, some just... odd.  The latter are usually gadgets
my father bought.  He was very fond of gadgets.  Here's a photo of
one:

http://photos.bazbarfoo.com/Other/prodifacts/11665851_FLfiw#866378369_udsfP-A-LB

Should I ruin the fun by telling what it's meant to do?  Perhaps not
yet.

Much of the stuff, from oddities to some darned fine furniture, china,
crystal and suchlike...  are due to be auctioned this coming Sunday,
23 May, near Doylestown, PA:

  http://robillardauctions.com/index-1.html

And they'll be selling a very cool one-of-a-kind car, too.  So you NJ and
PA LUG types are invited to see if you want to buy some of our stuff...
or just photograph the sorts of people who might be interested in buying
our stuff or other people's stuff.  It's a bit north of Philly, maybe Jim
Shulman will be tempted...?  That'd be cool.

I'm not completely sure I'll want to be there for the bittersweet
sensation of watching my heritage go up on the block, but I should
probably go.  I just keep telling myself there's only so much we can
fit in our apartment, and if people buy things and use them, it's far
better than having them end up in a landfill.

 -Jeff M

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Oh. Right then, that explains it.)
Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] IMG: Oh. Right then, that explains it.)